Conifer Mountain Homeowner’s Association
General Meeting, May 14, 2016
1. HOA board president, Dave Jackson, opened meeting with a summary of agenda items.
2. Ruth and Vern Schmieden were presented with a plaque and recognized for their many contributions to the HOA and Conifer Mountain Community.
3. The Treasurer’s report was summarized. The current balance in a CD and checking account total $40,052 compared with $40,437 as of May 2015. Income from HOA dues, advertizing and interest were $1,400, compared to expenses of $1,785. Homeowners were encouraged to join the HOA through payment of $35 annual dues.
4. The roadside cleanup is scheduled for June 18. The first two miles of Conifer Mountain Drive is adopted by the HOA for cleanup. Participation was encouraged with a goal of trash pickup at least along all paved roads within the subdivision.
5. The curbside slash chipping event scheduled for September 10 was discussed. The event, sponsored by the HOA and Elk Creek Fire Department, will promote fire mitigation work within the subdivision and assist Conifer Mountain in becoming recognized as a Firewise Community. Such recognition would provide credibility to the community to assist with future fire mitigation activities and/or grant applications, and potentially assist homeowners with obtaining and keeping homeowners insurance.
6. Deputy Chief Jacob Ware, Elk Creek Fire Department, provided an update on activities of the department, including volunteer and paid staffing, equipment purchases made possible by voter approval of the 2014 bond measure, plans for upgrades to the Station 3 communications tower, individual fire mitigation assessments performed by the department, the 2016 fire outlook, and new fire monitoring and firefighting equipment within Colorado.
7.Brad Huddleston, Splintered Forest, provided fire mitigation tips and a contractor’s perspective on fire mitigation for individual homeowners.
8. New HOA board members Eileen McGinnity, Ed Vaclavik, and Kent Wagner were nominated and elected by the HOA membership. Board members Dave Jackson, Nancy Richardson, and Stephen Reed have a year remaining on their terms.