- Ken Franc, President, opened meeting w/reading of last years’ annual meeting minutes.
- Followed by detailed presentation from Fire Chief Bill McLaughlin regarding results of Conifer mountain fire assessment. Details posted on ECFD website:
- Assessment will also be posted on our website: www.conifermountain.org
- Also requested volunteers to help organize Conifer Mountain as a Firewise Community. Please contact anyone currently on the board if interested in helping out.
- Dave Jackson, Vice President, discussed status of Staunton Park: 2nd anniversary of park, Zach Taylor new Park Manager as well as a new ranger are both on staff. Construction of the visitor center and nature center progressing and fishing ponds
have been stocked.
- Staunton Park, phase 3 planned for next year include extending existing roads,
construction of a maintenance facility, 28 back country camp sites to be determined including restrictions of no fire rings or camp fires. Camp stoves will be allowed. Also, developed campsites w/fire rings will be added later.
- Dave is encouraging the park to conduct more fire mitigation along Mason Creek which backs up to Conifer Mtn.
- Nancy Richardson, Treasurer delivered report of finances. After expenses and current balances of CD, Money Market and interest earned there is a balance of $ 35,471.96.
- A date will be determined for the annual mountain clean up and will be posted on the website.
- 3 board members are stepping down and replacement volunteers were requested. Stephen Reed, Kellie McClure and Jon McClure were elected as new board members.
- Well wishes sent to long time HOA member Vern Schmieden and his wife Ruth as Vern was in the hospital at the time of the meeting.
- Ken Franc closed meeting after volunteers stepped forward to help w/ Firewise community and new board members. As always more volunteers and involvement encouraged and welcomed! Please get involved in your local community!