Conifer Mountain Homeowners Association
May 17, 2014
Meeting opened by Ken Franc, President. Read minutes from last years’ meeting.
Ruth Schmieden reported Treasury.
- Total in assets include $ 5000.00 in CD, Money Market $36,129.34.
- Bottom line balance after Interest, Dues added as well as expenses leaves a balance of $ 35,450.27.
Jennifer Anderson from Staunton State Park presents on park status.
- Celebrating one year anniversary of Phase 1 – 124,000 visitors in first year.
- 52 volunteers have put 16,000 hours of work in. 43 new volunteers on board as of 5/10/14.
- Living History event this weekend.
- Visitor Center and Phase II have been funded. Will include more maintenance, parking, restrooms and prep for camping in Phase III.
- Recreation will develop around ponds.
- Restoration of historic Staunton cabins.
Susan Beams – Exec. Director Conifer Chamber of Commerce.
- 280 current members of Chamber
- New Chamber directory coming out – includes Platte Canyon area & Conifer
- June 12 – Bailey Days
- July 14- Elevation Celebration
- Christmas parade 33rd year
- 285 Winter Fest (formerly Luge) will be weather dependent
- Encouraged folks to participate in 285 survey for master planning
- Shop Local!!
Chief Bill McLaughlin ECFD
- Mill levy passing allowed for purchase of 2 new engines. One being parked on top of Conifer Mtn.
- 2 additional water trucks possible by September, 1 to be located at Pine Junction, the other Conifer Mountain
- Hiring a new Deputy Chief
- Mitigation assessments will again be available through Capt. Wehr.
- Restarting Explorer Program
- Obtained a training grant, including EMT training.
- Wildfire Protection Plan to be updated; including grant projects
- Firewise Community project can be restarted – helpful to obtain grants. HOA getting interested parties. Need to contact Bill for assessment. Consider how to move ahead – chipping projects? Education projects?
- Slash July 12/13 at Conifer High School
- Shaffers Crossing slash burn site defeated; still trying to find a permanent site
- Governor Hickenlooper approved Firefighter Safety Grant (signed at ECFD) which will provide more aerial support in fighting fires.
Dana Roe, All phase tree services unable to attend, but left handouts and business cards.
Dave Jackson, VP CMHOA reported on Egress from Steven Way
- Slow but sure progress continues
- Possible grant application
- Tom McNeal presented problem with neighbors and trash and abandoned vehicles. Vern agreed to contact County Commissioner to possibly assist as several calls to county has resulted in some citations, but problem persists. Tom encouraged to become dues paying member.
Ken closed the meeting w/thanks to all speakers and attendees; as well as mentioning mountain clean up scheduled for June 21 to meet at firehouse at 9 am.